Naurex is a biopharmaceutical company developing transformative therapies for challenging diseases of the central nervous system. All of our programs, including two rapid-acting antidepressants currently in clinical development, stem from our proprietary platform for discovering novel compounds that work through a new mechanism, modulating the NMDA receptor to enhance pathways involved with neuroplasticity.
Naurex has two therapies currently in clinical development. Rapastinel (GLYX-13) has completed Phase 2 clinical studies as an adjunctive therapy in major depressive disorder and has shown rapid-acting, robust, and sustained antidepressant activity in patients unable to achieve an adequate response to other anti-depressants. Rapastinel (GLYX-13) has been well-tolerated, with none of the pyschotomimetic side effects associated with other drugs and mechanisms that target the NMDA receptor. NRX-1074, is an orally active agent in Phase 2 clinical development as a monotherapy for the treatment of major depressive disorder. We are also advancing additional molecules from our proprietary drug discovery platform into clinical development for the treatment of other challenging CNS diseases.
- May 12, 2015 – Naurex to Present Preclinical and Clinical Data for NRX-1074 and Rapastinel at Upcoming Scientific Meetings (PDF)
- Jan 27, 2015 – Naurex’s First Orally Active Molecule, NRX-1074, Demonstrates Statistically Significant Improvement in Depression Scores within 24 Hours in Phase 2 Study for Major Depressive Disorder (PDF)
- Dec 19, 2014 – Naurex to Present at 33rd Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference (PDF)
- Dec 10, 2014 – Naurex’s GLYX-13 Demonstrates Robust, Sustained Antidepressant Effects and Excellent Tolerability in Phase 2b Study (PDF)
- Dec 3, 2014 – Naurex Raises $80 Million in Series C Financing to Advance Novel NMDA Receptor Modulators in Depression and Other CNS Disorders (PDF)