Naurex is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing therapies for difficult-to-treat depression as well as orphan and other challenging diseases of the central nervous system (CNS) treated in specialty settings. All of our programs, including two rapid-acting antidepressants currently in clinical development, stem from our proprietary platform for discovering novel compounds that act at the NMDA receptor (NMDAR) through a new mechanism of action to modulate neuronal plasticity.
Naurex has two therapies for depression currently in clinical development. Our lead compound, GLYX-13, has shown rapid-acting antidepressant activity with excellent safety in a Phase 2a clinical trial in subjects who had failed treatment with existing agents. GLYX-13 is currently in a Phase 2b study as adjunctive therapy for major depressive disorder. Naurex’s 2nd-generation antidepressant, NRX-1074, is currently in Phase 1 clinical studies. Naurex is also advancing additional molecules from its NMDAR modulation platform into clinical development for the treatment of other challenging CNS diseases.
- Mar 3, 2014 – FDA Grants Fast Track Designation to Naurex’s Rapid-Acting Novel Antidepressant GLYX-13 (PDF)
- Feb 27, 2014 - Naurex to Present at Cowen and Co. 34th Annual Health Care Conference (PDF)
- Jan 10, 2014 - Naurex to Present at the 32nd Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference (PDF)
- Jan 8, 2014 - Naurex Names Dr. Norbert G. Riedel President and Chief Executive Officer (PDF)
- Dec 12, 2013 - Naurex Presents Data on Rapid-Acting Antidepressant GLYX-13 that Support Long-term Synaptic Plasticity as Its Mechanism of Action (PDF)